- College Ready Support
- Provide non-cognitive support for ALL students to help with success in standardized tests.
- Build and strengthen a college-going culture so that EVERYONE, especially teachers, students, and families believe that ALL students are capable of attending postsecondary education.
- Provide transitional support for 8th grade students during the academic year and in summer programming as they enter 9th grade.
- Establish a comprehensive mentoring program for students who are on track to being promoted to the next grade level.
Measurable Performance Indicators
- Increase high school graduation rate.
- Increase the number of students passing 8th grade.
- Increase the number of students completing Algebra 1 by the end of 9th grade.
- Increase reading and math scores for economically disadvantaged 8th grade students.
- Increase percentage of 7th grade students who create an account with the College Foundation of NC (CFNC.org).
- Increase percentage of students who aspire to at least a 2- or 4- year degree.
- Increase percentage of teachers reporting that all students are capable of attending college.
- By 11th grade, students and families will report increased knowledge of postsecondary education, options, preparation, and financing.
- Increase percentage of middle school students with knowledge of the high school coursework required for college.
- Increase knowledge of benefits of attending college.
- Increase knowledge of how to apply to college.